Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Momentous Night...

We have a new president and the months of campaigning are now over. I am so relieved, and happy to move ahead.


There is knitting, but sadly no pictures for a while. The shared camera is no longer working. I'll be doing some camera shopping very soon.
I started the Branching Out scarf in 100purewool fingering, but I'm afraid that the colorway, although really lovely, is not a good fit. I also started a pair of toe-up socks (2s2c) in my merino/tencel handspun. I'm using size 3 (3.25) needles, which seem huge compared to my usual size 0 (2.0mm). The yarn is one of my earliest spinning projects, so it is not very consistent, but it pleases me just because I spun it. The roving came from Susan's Spinning Bunny in the Roses For You colorway.

I really need some comfort knitting now, so I keep starting things even though I can't seem to settle on a project. Just the concentration it takes to start something new calms my mind.

I finished the bloodletting yarn from the other day and I really like the softness of it. I'm itching to cast that on, too, but haven't decided what to make with it. I just want to knit, no matter what it is.
At least I can bring all of these projects to my mutual admiration society (AKA my knitting group) tomorrow night and get some cheer from those great ladies.

I'm also looking forward to my checkup and flu shot tomorrow - not really. But I look forward to the flu even less, so I'm happy to go.

The first year without my dear brother is now over. It has been an excruciatingly difficult year, but things will get better as time goes on.

And there are so many things for which to be thankful - the President Elect is just one of them.

An historic day, a day of endings and beginnings. Onward we go.






No comments: