Friday, February 22, 2008

See Ya Later, Florida Keys

Today was our last day in John Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo. I hate to leave, even though I spent most of the week sick with some cold or flu-type illness and have done nothing but sit in a chair outside of the motor home and read. I finished the pair of BBS I had on the needles, and cast on for a pair of socks for a friend, but only finished about 5 rows on the first one. I was too tired and dizzy to do much of anything. Luckily SP is happy to entertain himself. He biked and kayaked and generally had a good time. I did drag myself out to dinner every night, and had to make the usual decisions - grouper, dolphin or yellowtail? I'd love to add some photos, but I really didn't take any. There is no WiFi here, but my bluetooth phone really works well as a wireless modem.
I was very disappointed that the night of the eclipse was so overcast here. There were a lot of our fellow campers out and about moon-watching. The clouds would break up just enough to give us a glimpse, then cover up again.
Normally we stay further south - Islamorada, Upper Matecumbe, Tavenier - but it was fine up here in Key Largo.
Tomorrow we head north to visit our friends Pat and Tom. They are staying in Punta Gorda for a month while looking for a home in the area. We'll stay with them for a few days and then head back up to SP's Mom's in Port Richey.
Even though the week was mostly overcast, there are no bad days in the Keys.

No comments: